Mediation is a voluntary process to resolve consumer-to-business disputes. Mediation can occur when negotiations between the consumer and business have come to a halt. With the help of CASE mediators, we hope to achieve a win-win situation for all the parties involved.
Our resolution rate for mediation is approximately 70%.
CASE Mediation Centre
What are the benefits of
- During mediation, both parties have full opportunity to put forward their side of the story. Both parties are able to understand both sides of the coin with inclusion of mediators’ suggestions.
- Mediation allows both parties to resolve the matter through the facilitation of a mediator.
- The mediator, unlike a judge, does not make decisions on the disputes in any way.
- There is informed decision making on the terms of settlement with the facilitation of the mediators.
- Mediation sessions tend to be less stressful to both parties and, at times, are friendly conversations and clarifications.
- In mediation, there is no right or wrong or winning party or losing party. It is a win-win situation.
- If the consumer who has a dispute with a CaseTrust accredited business requests for mediation at CASE Mediation Centre, the CaseTrust accredited business must attend the mediation session arranged by CASE.
Our Accredited Mediators
As of 20 May 2022, our Mediation Centre has 113 mediators trained by CASE, with some mediators being accredited by SIMI. The subset of mediators who have been accredited by SIMI have met the independently set standards and are able to operate as dispute resolution professionals.
Mediation - Frequently Asked Questions
How is the mediation date scheduled?
Our mediation team will schedule a suitable date after contacting all parties. A letter of confirmation will be sent to all parties at least a week before the mediation date.
How long is each mediation session?
Each session is 2 hours long.
What are the charges involved?
(*Mediation charges for CaseTrust accredited business will be borne by the CaseTrust Department.)
Fee Schedule For Mediation – All Industries Except Real Estate
|Claim Range||Member||Non-Member||CaseTrust Business||Non CaseTrust Business|
|5,001 – 10,000||16.20||54||48.60||54|
|10,001 – 20,000||27||108||97.30||108|
|20,001 – 30,000||135||216||194.40||216|
|30,001 – 40,000||243||324||270||324|
Fee Schedule For Mediation – Real Estate
|5,001 – 10,000||37.80||86.40||86.40|
|10,001 – 20,000||54||129.60||129.60|
|20,001 – 30,000||135||216||216|
|30,001 – 40,000||243||324||324|
For further clarification please contact any CASE officer regarding the above fees.